- ask children before you hug them
- ask children before you pick them up
- if moving a child is unavoidable for their safety, at least warn them first and explain afterwards
- this applies to disabled children
- this applies to non- or pre-verbal…
haha! have fun at highschool today NERDS. i’m gonna be doing cool ADULT stuff like sleeping WHENEVER i want and CRYING
Margaret L. Andersen and Patricia Hill Collins, “Systems of Power and Inequality” (via wretchedoftheearth)
This is why I don’t say “caucasian” anymore.
Also the category was pretty much a tool for the US government to keep POC from becoming citizens and supporting white supremacy.
I think I’ve also read something about how, oops, turns out the people from the Russian Caucasus weren’t even white. I’ll have to go back and look for that later.
Indeed. The Caucasus mountain range includes over 50 ethnic groups and the countries of Georgia, Azerbaijan, Turkey, and Iran - and many from those countries are people of color.
attn straight people: if your gay friends are ‘just like a straight person of the same gender’ it is probable that this is because they are afraid to express themselves around you! hope this helps